Saturday, July 11, 2009

You are not forgotten.

I think about Joseph, he was betrayed by his brothers, he was falsely accused by a lady, and he spent 13 years in prison for something that he didn’t do. I am sure he would have felt, that God has forgotten about me, look how my life has turned out, I thought I had a dream, I thought I had a promise, I must have been wrong, well those times, when things are not going our way, those are seasons of testing. What are we made of, what kind of attitude are we going to have, are we going to get negative, bitter, blame God or, are we going to stay in faith, knowing that God has us in the palm of his hands. Joseph had this gift of interpreting dreams, one day he interpreted the dream of his cell mate. He told Pharaohs’ butler, that this butler was going to get out in three days time. He said listen I have done you a favour by interpreting his dream, do me a favour when you get out, tell pharaoh about me. Sure enough the butler got off three days later but would you believe, he forgot all about Joseph. And sometimes the people that owe you the most, will forget about you the quickest, but don’t worry, don’t get discouraged. Just because they forgot about you, does not mean, God has forgot about you, it wasn’t long after that, Joseph got out ,he got promoted, and I loved what he said, “What was meant for my harm, God used to my advantage”. When you are in those difficulties, when it looks like it’s never going to change, keep reminding yourself that God has not forgotten about me.