Friday, May 8, 2009

Prepare for Victory

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

“Now set your mind and heart to seek (inquire of and require as your vital necessity) the Lord your God”
(I Chronicles 22:19, AMP).


TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

We all have opportunities to lose our joy and get discouraged trying to endure life. But God never intended for us to just endure life, He created us to enjoy life. And whether you realize it or not, you prepare for either victory or defeat at the start of every day. When you get up in the morning, you have to choose to set your mind in the right direction. You may feel discouraged. You may be thinking, “I don’t want to go to work today.” “I don’t want to deal with these children.” “I’ve got so many problems.” However, if you dwell on those negative thoughts, then you are preparing for a lousy day. Instead, turn it around and say, “This is going to be a great day. Something good is going to happen to me. God has favor in my future and I’m expecting new opportunities, divine connections, and supernatural breakthroughs.”

When you take on this attitude, you are preparing for victory, increase, and restoration! Having an attitude of faith allows God to show up and show out in unusual ways. It opens the door for Him to work in your life and pour out His supernatural blessing on you!


A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to set my heart and mind on You today. I know that You have good things planned for me. Use me to be a blessing to others. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.