Sunday, May 3, 2009

White As Snow

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

…though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow…
(Isaiah 1:18, NKJ).


TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Isn’t it good to know that we serve a God who wants to make us new? Because of Jesus, no matter what has happened in the past, we can be made pure again and white as snow! You might be thinking, “Oh Joel, you don’t know what I’ve done. You don’t know what I’ve said. You don’t know how I’ve acted. I don’t even know if I can forgive myself.” Friend, you have to understand that when we come to God and repent of our sins, the Bible says that He takes those sins and casts them as far as the east is from the west. And by choice, He remembers them no more.

He’s not ever going to bring up your sin again. He’s not going to hold it over your head. In His mind, it’s as if it never happened. And if God has forgotten your sins, if He sees you “white as snow”, why don’t you start seeing yourself that way? You don’t have to live in condemnation over the past any longer. You are a child of the most High God. You are pure; you are new. Embrace His mercy so you can move forward into the abundant life He has for you.


A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for forgiving me. Thank You for making me new and pure. Help me to see myself and others the way you see us. Help me to stay focused on the good plan You have for my future. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.