Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ask What You Desire


TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”
(John 15:7, NKJ)

TODAY’S WORD

It pleases God to give you the desires of your heart! He wants to see you happy, whole, strong and enjoying His blessing. When you make the Word of God your number one priority, when you stay connected to Him through prayer and worship, God promises that He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4 tells us again that if we delight ourselves in Him, He will give us the desires of our hearts. One of the root definitions of the word “delight” means “soft.” This gives the picture of us being soft and moldable, like clay, in the Potter’s hands. As we allow Him to shape and mold our character, as we yield ourselves to Him, our thoughts become His thoughts, our words become His Words, and our desires become His desires! That’s how we can ask whatever we will because our will is in alignment with Him!
Today, don’t allow the distractions of everyday life keep you from spending time with Him. Abide in Him and let His Words abide in you because He will give you the desires of your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I submit every area of life to You. I invite You to have Your way in my heart. Mold me and make me as I surrender every area of my life to You. I praise You and give You all the glory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.