Friday, May 27, 2011

Experience His Love


TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord”
(Romans 8:38–39, KJV)

TODAY’S WORD

God loves you so much today! He wants you to know and experience His love. When you experience something, it becomes real to you. You “own” it, so to speak. For example, let’s say you’ve never eaten chocolate before. Someone else can describe it to you. They can tell you all about the taste and texture, but until you take a bite of it, it won’t really mean anything.
In the same way, you can hear all about God’s love and how wonderful He is, but it’s not until you experience it first hand and allow His love to sink down into your heart that something happens on the inside of you. His love changes you. It builds confidence and strength in you. It empowers you to overcome temptation and to stand strong no matter what difficulty you may be facing. When you open your heart and receive His love, you will be fully persuaded that nothing can separate you from Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I open my heart to You today. Fill me with Your love so that I can know You more. I desire to experience You in every part of my being. I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.